Thursday, September 15, 2005

DO LOOP

Here I am... sitting at my desk at work... watching the clock tick... tock... tick...

Waiting for my time to leave, so I can complete the next task life has placed in front of me. So I think to myself:

Why do I do it? Why do I get up each morning? Why do I come back to
my job that, while it pays the bills, doesn't really offer any excitement?


Here's why.

To help me carry on, and entertain you in the meantime, here are the top four reasons why I plan on getting up tomorrow morning. Presented in The Late Show with Letterman format, OF COURSE.

4. For the simple reason that I have more life to live. Being that I'm only %!&$@ years old, I am able to look towards my future with anticipation for the events that my life holds - ones that I haven't experienced yet. Like fatherhood, grand-fatherhood, and BOAT-OWNERSHIP.

3. Because if I didn't I would be in line for an ass kicking at work. And as much as I bad mouth work in general, life's all about the benjamins, baby.

DO LOOP

2. If tomorrow is Friday [which it is], and the day after that is Saturday [which it is], and Saturday is the start of the weekend [which it is]...

WEEKEND = GOOD
END LOOP

...and the number 1 reason I plan to get up tomorrow morning...

1. Because God, Allah, Budha, WHOEVER, placed someone on this planet who is my best friend, partner, and soul-mate. And she makes life worth living.

3 comments:

Mystery Schlepper said...

I too wish to experience the joys of boat-ownership, rv-ownership, personal watercraft-ownership.

I would like to be subscribed to your newsletter.

Anonymous said...

http://www.sbc.net/knowjesus/default.asp

Ferda said...

aww this post makes me misty-eyed...