Monday, November 14, 2005

41 days until Santa comes

Did you know that there is less than 6 weeks until Xmas? That seems very soon.

I remember when I was a young boy, I always would get SO excited at this time of year. I knew Xmas was just around the corner after my birthday passed.

Back when I was that young age, I used to get excited for the presents, definitely the presents. Now, I am far more excited for the time off from everything. Lately in my life, the net book value of vacation days has gone way up. Especially for Christmas holidays when we get like a full week off, how sweet it that?

One thing about this time of year that hasn't changed, is my excitedness for the snow to come. I have always really liked snow. Growing up in Vancouver we hardly got any, and I guess this is to blame for why I love the white stuff so much. When it did snow when I was young, it was like white gold. All the kids on the block would be outside, making snowmen, riding sleds, generally having a great time. These experiences probably have built to my overall love of the snow and the holiday season.

Maybe it's a little early, but what the hell:

Happy Holidays!

9 comments:

Ferda said...

ya it is too early, you freak! :-) Happy holidays to you too you big kid!

James said...

So this is how I get treated for sharing my inner most feelings?!?

Thanks a lot...

just kidding ;-)

Palmer said...

Get started on hanging the Christmas lights up! That's what I'm preparing for. Better to do it before the snow hits.

I picked up the new LED lights from Canadian Tire. Mint. Beautiful. Cannot wait to get the tree.

How long can you have a tree for? Can I get one now? Or is it too soon?

James said...

I've heard those new LED lights are the shit. I will have to get over to CDN Tire and get some. Might also have to get a ladder to put them up (or maybe I can climb out the bedroom window). Apparently the lights use like 1/10th of the power, last forever, and are almost unbreakable.

For trees, I think it's too early. I'd say two weeks prior to the 25th? That's my guess.

Jess. said...

How long can you leave a tree afer Xmas? Your Aunt still had hers up when I went to visit @ Easter Can you say needles.

Palmer said...

Well, I would think if you keep it watered, it would last...3 weeks?

LoisLane said...

Let's all convince Matt to get a REAL tree and not put up a fake one. Christmas is not Christmas without a REAL tree!

Palmer said...

I agree. I don't know why people have fake Christmas trees. It's as bad as people who spell Christmas Xmas.

James said...

Burn.On.Me.