Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Birthday weekend

Thank you to everyone who wrote, called, wished, thought birthday wishes my way.

I was blown away to find like 10 happy birthday emails in my inbox when I got into work this morning. Thank you all!

Took yesterday off, thought I deserved it. :-) It was nice. And Ferda wrote earlier, we didn't do much, just hung out, ate, played Katamari, did a little shopping. Bought a new shirt from MEC, very comfy and warm, I love it. Ferda got a similar one, I guess it's kinda dorky that we are wearing similar clothes, but oh well, that's us [I guess].

Got a couple new CDs - the ND soundtrack and the new Shins album - Chutes Too Narrow. Both are really good.

To follow Ryan's example:

iamcurrentlylisteningto: Canned Heat by Jamiroquai

Usual crap at work - with the exception of tomorrow. We have a supervisor's lunch meeting which afterwards we are going bowling. Awesome. Bowling during work hours. I suppose that is what it would feel like to be unemployed.

Peace out.

7 comments:

Kelley said...

Happy belated Birthday James! I haven't been reading the blog for a few days so I didn't know.

James said...

Thanks Kelley!

Side note: I didn't know you read this? Man, I'll have to start watching what I say about shipping companies...

Matt said...

lol, you have to assume everyone reads it. (or will read it eventually)

Boss, friends, family, etc...

Palmer said...

How are you liking the Shins? I've been thinking of picking up an album after Garden State...

James said...

Matt - you are right. I'm so dead after all the crap I've written here.

And Palmer - I like it. Very different. I really liked the two tracks from Garden State. There's a couple tracks on this new one that are like the ones from Garden State, but the whole cd is very different from what I've ever listened to. If I ever see you [ha!] you can borrow it from me.

LoisLane said...

Where are you bowling? MY work is going bowling tomorrow afternoon!

James said...

We went for lunch, then changed our minds and went to putting edge instead. Aww yeah. Glow in the dark mini putting with your co-workers. Can't beat that.