Monday, November 21, 2005

The Citizenship Test


Well I wrote the citizenship test on Friday. It went pretty well. I'm pretty sure I passed. I didn't get 100% though I am certain I made at least one mistake. It was a dumb question to miss too...The question was: Which of the following is one of the responsibilities of municipal government? a) foreign policy, b)highways, c) postal service and d) building regulations. I chose (b) it was supposed to be (d).

I walked into where I was going to be writing the test and as soon as I arrived they told us to line up so that they could look over our documents and ID and seat us for the test. Even though I was last to arrive since I was already up I was in line first. YES! After I got ushered in the usher came up to me and started chatting with me. She asked if I was Turkish and I said yes. She said her boyfriend was Turkish and was telling me all the Turkish words she knew. She was chatty and very nice which made me less nervous than I was. I also met a Columbian girl who was also very sweet. After I wrote my test. I had to go up to one of the ushers so they could staple my info to my test. Of course, I chose the usher who was talking to me. She quickly looked over my answers and gave me a thumbs up so I guess that's my unofficial test result!

Overall it was quite easy. Much easier than the practice test I posted last week. I think I finished all 20 questions in about 5 minutes. I re-read them at least twice. I was stumped by that municipal gov question but I figured I'd better put something on there than leave it blank.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. If all goes well I should be a citizen before christmas. Yupppie!!!

10 comments:

James said...

Congrats! I knew you would do great!

But like I said, you still have two more tests you must pass before we can consider you a Canadian:

1 - Crossing the Desert
and
2 - Paddling of the Swollen Ass.

Interesting though are the similarities between Crossing the Desert and Paddling of the Swollen Ass.

[Thank you StoneCutters]

Ferda said...

I don't understand one thing though... how do you get your ass swollen so that I can partake in the paddling of the swollen ass challenge?

James said...

It gets swollen from "Crossing the Desert".

Palmer said...

So...as one who is not aware of citizenship and whatnot...

What does this mean now that you'll be a citizen?

James said...

All you can hunt beavers!

AquariusDragon said...

Yeah that's right! As my sister has for her motto: save a tree and eat a beaver....

AquariusDragon said...

Furdeh! You didn't even need to take that exam... Remember... I made you Canadian?? Anyway, congrats!!

Ferda said...

I asked about that when I went to take the test but they said they never heard of you. Maybe you need to take the test again too!

Jack said...

(The only serious comment you will have!!) Well done; but you had a much harder time of it than I did 20 years ago. My 'test' was a 10 minute interview with a female judge who said "Obviously I don't have to ensure you are fluent in an official language, so I'll just ask who the PM is and to list the Candian provinces and that was that!

Ferda said...

sounds like you got off easy there Jack! :-)