Friday, November 11, 2005

eww gross my toenail fell off!

Well last night after my shower I noticed my toenail was just hanging by a hinge off my big toe. I couldn't believe it! It peeled right off.

Nails have always given me the willies. I must have some sort of phobia or something because they really make me cringe. I can't stand to grow them and really don't like seeing long nails on others (sorry!)

Over the summer I played 3 nights of ultimate and all that running around in cleats really did a number on my feet. My big toenail on my right foot had gotten all bruised and ugly but I really didn't think anything of it... all this time you think you can count on your toenails to be around and then one day without any warning wham they just fall off! WTH!

I will spare you guys a picture of my lovely toenail-less toe but I'm at a loss as to what to do... do I see a doctor? I don't want to becayse I'd feel lame if all he's going to say is: it'll grow out. It doesn't even hurt.

17 comments:

James said...

Whammy!

Matt said...

sounds like leprosy to me.

I hear that is a common complaint after ultimate games, they lose a lot of people to leprosy.

Palmer said...

Isn`t that after cullings alsoƉ »Dang. French Keyboard.

Ferda said...

what's a culling?

James said...

No idea.

James said...

cull Pronunciation Key
tr.v. culled, cull·ing, culls
To pick out from others; select.
To gather; collect.
To remove rejected members or parts from (a herd, for example).

n.
Something picked out from others, especially something rejected because of inferior quality

James said...

that doesn't help...

Palmer said...

Yeah it helped. 'they lose a lot of people to leprosy'.

My comments was after the cullings because they were lepers. You know...genocide of the leper-folk. Aka, cullings.

James said...

I'm lost. I think you explanation is good, but my brain won't work on Monday mornings, it's a scientific fact.

mkl said...

I once had a nail fall off my middle finger. I must have overcome the leprosy because a few months later, the nail grew back. Maybe yours will too. Be strong.

James said...

I sense that the force is strong in you both.

Ferda said...

oh no I'm a leopard (another Holly-ism!)

James said...

Very clever Ferda. Not only is the force strong with you, but you are also very wise indeed.

Ferda said...

you think I made it up and called it a Holly-ism don't you? Well I didn't it came 100% from the horse's mouth.

James said...

Really!?!?! I thought for sure that you had made it up.

That's a pretty good one. There should be some kind of on line rating system where we can all login and rate our favourite Holly-isms and then it will graph them out and stuff - I'll get on that.

Ferda said...

so what's the progress on that?

James said...

The progress can be seen here.