Monday, November 28, 2005

Gichi gichi ya ya za za

James is probably too ashamed to admit it but we also watched Moulin Rouge on Sunday. I love this movie and it sounded great with the surround sound. That song 'Come What May' just gives me chills. It's so beautiful. I know several people that simply don't like this movie. I can't understand why not. Firstly, the music is amazing. Nicole and Ewan sing beautifully. The choreography is awesome. That part where they tango to Police's (or is it just Sting's?) 'Roxanne' is so filled with emotion, passion, violence and rawness. The costumes are breathtaking and the colorful characters are great. If you haven't seen this movie I suggest you give it a chance. I love it. It is definitely in my top 10 (now I'm inspired to do a top 10 list for my favourite movies a la Palmer. I will give that some thought and post later).

In other news I was just at Dick's for lunch with Corinne. We both had the Montreal burger we shared an order of fries and I also had a vanilla shake. This place is so good! I have to take James sometime.

In some more other news... I've spent most of this morning scouring the internet looking for vacation packages for mid-December. I think we've found one. Looks like we're going to Santa Clara in Cuba on the 17th. However, I am not sure if I have the necessary travel documents. I now have a Turkish passport and a Permanent Resident card but on December 5th I will get my citizenship card (oh ya this is further news! I'm getting sworn into Canadian citizenship on the 5th. I've passed my test! Huzzah!). I need to know if I can travel to Cuba without my Canadian passport because I don't think I'll have it in time for the 17th. What do you guys think? Think I can get it by the 17th if I have my citizenship on the 5th? Any experiences with this?

Anyhoo I've rambled on enough for today. I'm signing off.

17 comments:

JamesMo said...

Yes - it is possible to get the passport in such a short time. My sister got her's in less than 2 weeks this summer. My passport took less than that.

Go in person to the Passport office. They have a rush delivery service. Take it.

However, this close to the winter holidays, there may be unexpected delays. Good luck!

Ferda said...

thanks jamesmo! I will try.

Palmer said...

Hey, are we having a big Canadian bash for you ferda? I mean...maple syrup and rye work well!

Matt said...

aw yes, a Syrup and rye, goes down gooey.

James said...

I was thinking about doing a (small) party the night of her court appearance (Mon.Dec.5) but most of you have ball hockey then, right, so that's why I thought no.

So then I thought of other days - like the traditional night for a party: Fri or Sat, but then thought we wouldn't be getting a lot of people since it's Xmas and everyone's already got their own plans... yada yada yada...

James said...

So... I don't know where to go from here.

I suppose that Ferda and I will talk about it tonight. And get back to you tomorrow.

Matt said...

Hazing party?

James said...

Maple syrup chugging race.

Palmer said...

Nice.

Why do people celebrate Christmas in early December?

James said...

Maybe... I don't know.

Ferda's decided against a 'welcome to Canada' party. I suppose she's affraid of the hazing rituals.

Nevertheless, I'll bring the maple syrup to Ryan's.

AquariusDragon said...

I had to rush a passport a couple of years ago. I paid a little more but it was worth it. It took less than 2 weeks to get it. Just be sure to go into the passport place as soon as you get your citizenship -- just to give them as much time as possible to work with... tell them your departure date -- they usually work within that time frame.

James said...

It's done. We've selected and bought our honey moon vacation. Aww yeah. Cuba here we come.

And to all my friends stuck in Ottawa: Have fun with winter, SUCKERS!

Ferda said...

Luis from the Cuban Embassy has assured my my Turkish passport will do. Yay! :-)

James said...

Sweet.

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt said...

Pshaw, have fun snowboarding in Cuba!! (He thinks we are suckers???)

Ferda said...

you're so clearly jealous matt!