Synopsis: Things are going great for Chris Brander (Reynolds - left); great job, great looks, great life. But ten years ago - things were much different in high school...
These times were different, Chris was fat (see left), unpopular, and best friends with the hottest girl in school: Jamie Palamino (Amy Smart). Chris cherished the time spent with Jamie up until the she gave him the dreaded 'just friends' speech.
Now fate has put Chris back into his home town for the first time in ten years. Because he has changed so much since high school he now has the chance to 'seal the deal' with the girl of his dreams. But try as he might, he keeps slipping back into the friend zone.
I'm pretty excited about this movie, I find Reynolds does quite well in comedies (see: Van Wilder, remember the pastry scene? Ewww...). Not only is Reynolds Canadian (born in Vancouver), the film was shot in Saskatchewan. Since I am a 'movie-guy' and a nationalist, I am happy to see good, quality films coming out of my country.
Speaking of movies, there are a lot of
- Chronicles of Narnia (Dec. '05 - previews look incredible! and with a special effects budget of $2 million you know it will rock)
- King Kong (Dec. '05 - I think this has great potential)
- The Ringer (Dec. '05 - con-men rig the Special Olympics to pay off a debt and try to de-throne the reigning champ, Jimmy - sounds cruel yet very funny)
- Superman Returns (very excited for this)
- Curious George (could be interesting)
- Mission Impossible 3
- The Da Vinci Code
- Xmen 3 (1 & 2 were very good, IMO)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (the first was great!)
- Miami Vice (starring Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx!)
- Ghost Rider (another tv show re-done into movie)
- The Grudge 2 (I know Ferda will want to see this one. uhuhuhuuhuhuhuhuhhuh)
That's about it. But it could be an interesting year for new movies.