Friday, December 09, 2005

My hates...

One of my many joys at work is to receive and reconcile all transactions made on the corporate Visa cards. It's okay, it's just something you gotta do.

But - what's not okay - is the amount of people who screw this up. For example:

I have one guy who went to CdnTire and bought some hockey pucks on his own credit card, a MasterCard, obviously not work related. This is fine. But then he goes back, returns the items and gets the credit applied to his corporate Visa! So now because of his stupid mistake I've got to cut him a reimbursement cheque. This is soooo a waste of my time.

Another example (this one pisses me off the most) (and happens more than you would think):

Its mostly women who do this, but I guess they are in line at the grocery store or something, in a rush no doubt, and they reach in their purse and pull out the wrong credit card to pay for the kraft dinner and kool-aid for their 2.3 kids. So later they mail in the receipts, a cheque to cover the personal expenses, and a little yellow sticky note saying: Sorrrrrry!


Ahhh... bite me.

PS - I hate little yellow sticky notes.

6 comments:

Palmer said...

It's too bad you don't have a mechanism in place so they can just fix the problem themselves so you wouldn't have to deal with their mess.

James said...

I guess that's a good point...

Maybe I should be blaming the system, and not them.

Palmer said...

Or just take the letter opener of death to them J-Dog.

James said...

You best to step back, sucka.

Kevin said...

I feel your pain there James... I'm so very, VERY glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.

But really, I suppose you could blame the system, but how hard is it to understand? Really now... you pay for business expenses on a business credit card, and personal on your personal credit card! AMAZING!

There should be a "Screup Allowance". You screw up once... fine, you're just stupid. Screw up twice with the credit card? Snip, snip, snip - bye bye privileges.

Palmer said...

Yeah, or the ever popular "Wait a sec, you used your own card? Learn the hard way - pay your own card sucka"