Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Conversation from Ryan's moose cook-off

While playing Mario Party, Ryan pulled out an ancient book full of codes for games on the old NES (that's Nintendo Entertainment System). I'm sure back in it's day, it was a pretty sweet book. It had full maps and walkthroughs for classics like Zelda, Ninja Turltes, Castlevania, and Contra. This is what was said when the subject of Contra was brought up:

Eric: Do you remember the code for max ammo in Contra?
Ryan: Of course I do! Its...
Both Eric and Ryan in PERFECT unison: Up up down down left right left right A B Select!

It was beautiful to see such a great example of nerds reminiscing video game codes from 15 years ago! ;-)

It later reminded me of the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons; Worst.Blogpost.Ever!

9 comments:

Matt said...

Uhm, you both rhymed off the wrong code...

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right.... B A select start

James said...

my bad, I guess I couldn't remember from the other night.

Palmer said...

Oh man, I forgot about that. That was definitely the highlight of th enight.

James said...

yeah, that was pretty damn funny.

Ferda said...

you left out the proud high five they gave each other right after.

Meanwhile Vero was seated next to me covering her face in embarrasment.

Palmer said...

Or was she trying to hide that black eye?

James said...

burn!

James said...

ryan - we should do it again sometime, it was fun

Artoo said...

That's beautiful man!!!