Monday, January 16, 2006

Review: Weekend Jan. 14-15

'Sup people?!

So, seems as if you are reading this, then that means you tuned in to super_ap to get your weekly review of what the Pimpson's did for their weekend. I don't want to disappoint, so let's get into it. Friday: Ferda got stuck at work til almost six. BOO-URNS. Since we car-pooled, that meant I was stuck too. I sat at my desk reading a new blog (new to me) that I found: Tucker Max. Very funny; very gross. Enough said. We finally got home about 6:20, changed out of work clothes, packed up some wine and the gamecube and started the 35 minute drive to Ryan's place. Damn it sucks living in Barrhaven and having friends in Orleans. First time seeing his new place, we missed his open house xmas party when we were in Cuba. Very nice place. He's done some interesting things with paint, something we will have to do come spring/summer of this year. I'm tired of off-white walls. Ryan and his new room-mate Mike make moose stew, bison pasta, with a side of moose pepperettes. MMMM, good. Before that night, we were both moose virgins. I was happy to loose my moose virginity at Ryan's house. I mean, might as well be someone you are comfortable with for your first time, right?

We stayed at Ryan's til late, about 2:30. Others in attendance: Vero (of course), Eric and Annie, and SHMO. For those of you who don't know SHMO, it's Shannon and Maureen, they are getting married sometime this summer, I think June perhaps? (could be wrong) Anway, finished the night in the basement playing music and recording ourselves on Ryan's new digital multitracker. Pretty cool little device. Ferda sang Here Without You (Baby) and I sang some Metallica song that I forget the name of right now. I'm sure Ryan will make mp3's out of the recordings and post them up for your listening enjoyment.

Saturday: Got up and went to Loblaws and did some shopping. Nothing says good times like being in Loblaws first this Saturday morning. It's the busiest place on earth. After all the joy from my life was successfully removed, we went to CU and played some indoor ultimate. Yoohoo! Joy restored! We have joined an intramural team for the winter, should be fun. Some experienced players on this team. After cleaning up, we prepared dinner for Heather and JamesMo (aka HandJ). We made spinach salad, homemade mac & cheese, and sundried tomato marinated chicken breasts. Mmmmm. Ferda is a great cook, I am SO lucky. For dessert we had mille-fuile (sp?) that we had picked up from Loblaws that morning. We hung out, chatted, goofed off, and watched a dvd-series we borrowed from Ryan called SeaLab 2021. Weird stuff. Can't really explain this, but it was weird. And funny at points.

Sunday morning, just as Ferda was leaving to meet HP for a movie (Tristan & Isolde), I hit the button for the garage door so she could get her car out, and suddenly my afternoon was ruined. You see, the bottom of the garage door was frozen to the ground with ice. Of course I didn't know this before I hit the button, so the motor makes this sound: "GRRRR... whack, crack, BOOM!" Suddenly I turn into Mr. Action Handyman, disconnect the door from the motor assembly, and Ferda gets her hairdryer and we start to melt the ice to free the door. A few curse words and minutes later, voila, Door is open. So Ferda left and I got to work. The door was broken, and needed some new, stronger bolts to put it back together. So I left for my favourite store, Home Depot, got the bolts I wanted, and some new salt. After getting home, I salted up that part of the driveway real good, and took apart the door, then re-assembled it with the new nuts and bolts I got. Re cemented this one part that came un-done, and it was fixed. By the time I was done, I was FREEZING. So I went in, and sat by the gas fireplace and ate some leftovers from the night before. Once I was warm enough to move my fingers, it was Zelda: Wind Waker time. I borrowed this game from WY and have been addicted ever since. Even Ferda's gotten into it. Truly an awesome game; progressed a bit through it until my dad arrived. He brought up a chest of drawers that he made and he and I placed it in the spare bedroom. Very nice wood work he has been doing lately. Our house now has 4 pieces from the John Simpson Collection: a double bed frame, a nice side/coffee-table, a custom sit-down-and-tie-your-shoes bench with duel storage bins, and the new chest of drawers. He says he's starting up a new, similar chest for his house. The three of us went for dinner to Efes Restaurant. A new, small, Turkish place on Preston. Very tasty. (Thanks for coming with us Dad!) Ended Sunday night with the mandatory watching of Desperate Housewives.

10 comments:

Ferda said...

weekends are always so short! why don't Mondays ever zip by the same way?

Jamesmo said...

Thanks guys -we had a fun time and a great dinner on Saturday - thanks again.

James said...

Thanks for coming.

Jack said...

Mille Feuille - 'A thousand leaves' - very descriptive of that delicate pastry - but I expect a hundred people have told you - and you're supposed to be a French expert!

Palmer said...

You know...you could have opened that garage door with no problem if you had...oh, I don't know...the strength of FIVE GORILLAS!

Man, I heart Sealab 2021. You really have to have a different sense of humour to find it funny though. Thankfully, I do. And I hope you do too. Or else I'll kick your human strength with my gorilla strength.

Palmer said...

And where's the Kornefeldesque entry?

James said...

I knew I had spelt it wrong, and I knew someone would correct me. Thanks Jack.

James said...

Ryan. We watched about the first 5 episodes one night. We did like it. It's pretty funny. Especially the one where they get trapped in a time warp or something, and they keep on spawning new characters.

The first episode, talking about robots and the strength of five gorillas was weird!

Thanks for loaning it to us, we'll watch some more and get it back to you. We also watched Sin City last night, interesting movie, very different. Hey - I think we also have your VHS copies of Alien still too, eh? Eventually we'll get them all back to you. Promise.

James said...

super-ap rant will return at one point. don't have much to rant about except the stupid weather.

Palmer said...

I think you returned the Alien set. No rush on the movies lads and ladies! Take your time with it.