Thursday, March 16, 2006

Latest news

I can't believe I'm doing this. Announcing to all my friends and family, and even the world, that BCS has got a hold of me.

I really tired to fight it. After seeing some of my co-workers affected by it's dramatic grasp and the devastating effects it can have on a person's concentration levels. Yet, after all my efforts, I have failed.

For you see, I am now fully infected with the desire to build bridges:




A couple years ago jamesMo and I downloaded this demo from bridgebuilder-game.com/. The demo is good, gives you a real taste. But its only about 4-5 levels long, leaving you high and dry after about 30 minutes. Then one of our other co-workers managed to get his hands on the full version of Bridge Constructor Set. We're hooked.

Deadlines at work: forget it.
Meetings: I'm late.
When Ferda comes to pick me up after work: she waits an extra 5 minutes.
Arriving at work early to tackle that bridge I've been thinking about all night: you bet.

If you like challenging computer games, I definitely recommend you check out the demo. And if your thirst continues (like mine did), let me know and I'll see what I can do to get you the full thing.

24 comments:

Ferda said...

I just don't get the appeal of this game it just seems like work to me.

AquariusDragon said...

I'm with Ferda -- what kind of game is building bridges?

James said...

It's fun

Matt said...

I'm with James, that looks addictive

Ferda said...

big surprise!

Matt said...

I was going to say the same about your "not seeing the appeal" go figure ;)

AquariusDragon said...

James and Matt are GEEKS!

James said...

Mel - have you ever played SimCity? Or SimAnything for that matter?

I think they are comparable.

AquariusDragon said...

I played Sim City a long time ago... I think I liked it... Hmmm, maybe I'll check out the bridge building thing...

AquariusDragon said...

But then, maybe not... what if I get addicted? I do NOT want to become a geek!

Matt said...

Who said you could become a geek, you are not invited to our reindeer (or in this case I guess bridge building) games :-P

James said...

That's true. You are not allowed to be a part of the Geeks -- ahem, I mean, COOL Club. Yes, that's right. COOoool club.

:-)

Matt said...

geek / cool club, same thing

James said...

ya, when I wrote that, I was thinking of that video you posted with the two nerds -- ahem, I mean cool guys LARPing (that's Live Action Role-Playing, for you non-cool people out there).

What was the video called again? Affraid of girls or something?

Matt said...

Fear of girls

pollcrazy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt said...

lol, Joe that's a good way to get a lot of spam.

Spammers have web crawlers (not unlike webcrawlers for search engines) that pluck publically availiable e-mail's

I suggest changing that to something like pollcrazy [at symbol] gmail dot com

pollcrazy said...

Thanks Matt!

Matt said...

uhm, no problem (I still see your e-mail address there...???..)

pollcrazy said...

I don't have edit permissions on this site!

pollcrazy said...

never mind I figured it out. James can you e-mail me a copy it isn't too big

James said...

The full thing is like 50 megs. I'll get a cd next time I see you.

Yikes said...

GEEKS! "SHAKES HER HEAD"

Matt said...

geeks with proper names.