Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Phone conversation I just had with James...

... & why he's such an insensitive ape sometimes...


So as some of you may or may not know I am having laser eye surgery on Friday morning. EEEK! Well we were supposed to go in for an appointment to have my eye mapped out and to meet with the surgeon on what we thought was Wednedsday. I got a call from Focus Eye Centre asking why we missed our appointment. Apparently it was for today not tomorrow. DOH!

Here's the gist of the phone conversation I had with James shortly after finding out.

---------------------------------
me: so, do you think it's like a bad omen? like I'm not supposed to be going through with this surgery?

J: no, why would you think that?

me: you know, what if this is the last week I have my eyesight? (please note that I am on the verge of tears here)

J: well then you better make the most of it!

---------------------------------

GASP can you believe him? Way to assuage my fears there James!

On another note if anyone is interested I suggest you check out this video report that was run on CJOH on Focus Eye and the surgery itself (that is if you can stomach that sort of thing)

9 comments:

James said...

Allow me to explain. I knew she was on the edge of crying, so I wanted to make her laugh. It worked.

Matt said...

If I were you, I would look for (recent) statistics online for the type of eye surgury you are having.

Find out what the potential of you "losing your eyesight is" and determine if that is an "acceptable risk"

I suspect you will find that the possibility of you losing your eyesight is so small of a percentage, you can deem it impossible.

Ferda said...

I was told that PRK is very safe and the only thing that can happen is during healing my eye may get infected and that can lead to further complications.

Palmer said...

Awesome! you're going for PRK. Sooo much better than LASIK. Boo hiss!

Hey, can we come see you after the surgery? I was really dopey off the drugs. Duncan had a good laugh at me right after.

Ask them if you can get a video of the actual procedure. Duncan said the video feed off my eyeball was amazing.

Palmer said...

And clearly, she wouldn't have even brought up this phone conversation if it really offended her. It's all in the love of the joke.

AquariusDragon said...

Ferda, I think the eye surgery place that you're going to is very reputable. I hope your surgery goes smoothy and I also hope that your healing goes even smoother.

Ferda said...

thanks guys! And sure I'll welcome visitors but I imagine the valium will have worn off once you guys are done work because my surgery is in the morning.

Ps. Ryan's right, for once, it's all in the love of the joke.

Sarah Jayne said...

Good luck!

I'm sure everything will go smoothly...

And just think! Valium!!! I love valium... oh, and Demerol... got a shot of that once while I was in the General. Oh... ecstacy! That's why I only touch this certain drug called booze.

Hmmm... where did I put down that glass of Shiraz...

Oh, and good luck again :)

Jen said...

Hi Ferda! You've probably been enjoying perfect eyesight for the last couple of days and you probably won't get this message until you are back at work where the "internet" is. Anyways, we just got back late last night and I wanted to check to see (no pun in ten did) how you were. You'll have to fill me in on all the gory details soon! I was really cranky without any internet all week... Florida was otherwise very nice though!