Monday, April 03, 2006

1st Weekend Recap of April

Friday: Went with Jamesmo and Heather to see V for Vendetta at the cinema in Barrhaven. Before the movie we pigged out on Gabriel's pizza, our favourite. We all thought the movie was great. After the movie, came back to our place and played OK. A game with tiles, like dominoes, that's also a variation of Rummy. It's a Turkish derivative that Ferda and her father taught me. Has lots of crazy rules. After explaining the rules to JamesMo and Heather, JamesMo says:

What's the one look like?

It was funny, but I guess you would have to have been there... they left around 11.

Saturday, we went out to visit my dad in Hawkesbury. He took us to dinner at the Auberge Val Carrol again. Great dinner. Something like 6 courses. Ate so much. The sucky part about going to dad's is the long drive home afterwards. But for some reason, this night it only took us about 1 hour to get back home. That was great.

Sunday we totally relaxed. Went for a bike ride, cooked some blueberry muffins, and watched a few episodes of Futurama, played a few games of Mario Baseball, and took a nap in the afternoon. It was beautiful. I love weekends.

This morning totally sucked. We could not get out of bed to save our lives. Damn you daylight savings time. Spring forward my ass.

Preview for this week: Should be a relatively easy week. Got the final, last two night courses, need to finish the last Stats assignment for Thursday. Also on Thursday, I have a French oral exam, shouldn't be too hard, only about 10 - 15 minutes long.

And finally, something I have to be thankful for: Ever since Ferda got her eye surgery, I've been really lucky. You see, now that she can see clearly what I really look like, I'm really lucky she hasn't asked for a divorce!

4 comments:

Ferda said...

you're even more handsome to me than before my love... :)

jamesmo said...

In my defense, OK is a Turkish game, and has some odd tiles (that look like weird faces), I wasn't sure that the 1's were marked by a symbol other than the familiar '1'.

Ferda said...

sure jamesmo... sure... whatever you need to tell yourself...

Kevin said...

V for Vendetta is a great movie!