Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Canada Day Weekend Review

Starting with Thursday, June 29th, we arrived home from our Eurotrip that night and Alex picked us up from the airport. He filled us in on all the things we had missed during our absence: missed parties, missed going-ons, and missed Hollyisms. That night we did laundry, some grocery shopping and lots of unpacking.

The next morning, Friday, I had to go to work. Wasn't that bad. It was actually pretty quiet in my office since most people had taken that day off. The day went by quick and I got lots of work caught up. After work, I returned my Civic to Ottawa Honda since the lease period had expired. We're now down to one car. So far that's going ok. I mean, each work day we carpool anyway, so no problems there. Anyway, back to Friday: after that we went to our gullwings ultimate game. One of the toughest games we've had so far, but we managed to win and continue our winning streak. We're now at 6-0. Booyakasha. After the game, I showered up and headed downtown to the Heart & Crown to meet up with everyone for Mike L's bday. The pub was rockin with the music of Shaydid - they played lots of great music.

Saturday was Canada Day and we went to Duncan's for a bbq and to watch the two world cup games. Too bad England got knocked out on penalties, but I was super happy for France. It was great to see everyone at Duncan's. And Shannon and I started the best game of bocce ball which ended up having everyone join us to play the biggest game ever! Later in the evening when it began to rain, we moved indoors and watch the best canadian movie - Strange Brew.

Sunday - drove out to Matt's cottage with Alex and Holly. We did some boating, tubing, skiing, and ski-dooing. It was great. A lot of fun. Except for the time when the steering on the boat broke and we almost capsized. I was driving while Alex was skiing. And I had Ferda and Holly in the boat with me to spot Alex. Things were going fine until Alex fell and I did a quick turn to go back and get him. I guess I must have turned too quickly, because the steering cable snapped and the outboard motor all of a sudden yanked to the right, putting the boat into a crazy right hand turn. The boat jerked sideways, Ferda almost fell in, and I screamed "WE'RE F*CKED!!!". I managed to kill the engine and save the day. Then Alex figured a way to McGuyver the steering cable back into place. And we did some more skiing! Thank you Alex and Matt.

Monday - took it easy. Small bike ride up to blockbuster, rented The Producers and Jesus is Magic. Both were pretty goofy. Later, HandJ came over for some pizza and to watch the Producers and play DS. They picked up the DSLite while we were away, so we had to check out the wireless multiplayer. Pretty cool.

Great 3 day weekend - can't wait for the next one. Also can't wait for Shannon and Maureen's wedding this weekend, should be a great time!

7 comments:

Palmer said...

Ah man, it's too funny that you mentioned you were ski-dooing instead of sea-dooing. Dang, it must have been COLD up there!

James said...

o yeah. good call. we were SEA dooing. Must be the canadian in me

AquariusDragon said...

Ya, and you forgot to mention Ferda's swesome ride on Mike G's bike!!! She said it even felt good on her toes!! She also said that you could get one!! WOO HOO!!

mr_jeff said...

what is this? ferda also got a ride on the bike? so martina and ferda got rides, but not me? i think mike only wants to ride with hot chicks. what about hot guys? man, i'm bummed!

James said...

ha!

mr_jeff said...

james, did you get a ride too? because that would like be the suckiest of suck!

James said...

I didn't get a ride this canada day. But I got a ride a couple of canada day's ago. Remember when we had that keg party at magnus? I had a big mustache and was wearing dave's brown wig the whole time.