Friday, July 21, 2006

PS2 Fixed

About 6 months ago my PS2 crapped out and stopped working altogether. Wouldn't read any cds, games, dvds, and would continually give the 'disc read error' message.

Finally last night I got down to business and opened it up to properly clean it out. First, I got all the dust out it. Then I opened the laser and cleaned it and the lens really well with rubbing alcohol.

It now runs like it was brand new.

Last night I played all my favourite old games: FIFA '03, GTA: San Andreas, We Heart Katamari. Perhaps for Mike & Mel's pool party tomorrow we should bring it and the DDR game. If it's ok with those guys.

2 comments:

AquariusDragon said...

OH YA! DANCE DANCE REV!! My favorite game to watch others play... why? Because I suck at it! Oh well, should make for some good times!

Matt said...

Yay, how hard was it to open?