Wednesday, August 30, 2006

[Untitled]

Last minute work plans has put Ferda in Toronto/Windsor/Detroit for the next two days. I drove her to the Ottawa Airport this morning for her 6am flight (I've been awake since 4:15 this morning...)

She flys to Toronto, meets up with someone, then they take a train to Windsor, then a bus across the river to Detroit for a meeting they have at 1:30 this afternoon. Later in the day, they train it back to Toronto and Ferda spends the night in a hotel near Mississauga or someplace. She catches a 4pm return flight home to Ottawa on Thursday. Apparently there's some work that needs to be done in Toronto on the Thursday as well.

She was nervous to go, I think mostly because she's never stayed in a hotel room on her own before. But I think she was also a little excited. This could be a good opportunity for advancement in her work. Her bosses are showing that they have faith in her to meet with these folks in Detroit; faith that they think she can handle it. I know she can.

The sad part is that I haven't been without her for a while. I suppose the last time we were apart was when I went with Warren to the Dominican Republic around this time last year (interestingly enough - he's headed down there again very shortly for a holiday).

Even though this is only for 36 hours, I'll still be counting down each one until it reaches zero.

15 comments:

Sner said...

Don't worry about it big guy - we'll take care of you tonight. Just a head's up though, JMO hasn't done the dishes in a while so you may want to stay out of the kitchen ;-)

James said...

lol.


You can put me to work. Especially when he's 'busy' with WoW.

*cough*
dork
*cough*

Kevin said...

I've noticed that JMo has largely ignored the last few burns you've passed his way... has he given up fighting?

Good luck Ferda, I wish you safe travels! :)

Pollcrazy said...

Could the reason that she is nervous is due to the fact that she is in Detroit!

James said...

Kev - Jmo and the rest of SAR have been completely bogged down with the Sept Rush.

How quickly you have forgotten...

BTW, are you coming back?

~

Joe - Yep. Detroit Rock City. Scary city for little Ottawan's like us, huh?

Palmer said...

No worries dude. Just plug in a video game for the next 36 hours and you won't even notice.

Ferda, as for a hotel room...hotels are awesome. I walk around naked all the time.

James said...

lol - good advice Palmer

mr_jeff said...

ah man, you gotta masturbate more...

AquariusDragon said...

Whoa! At least now we know what Jeff does on his spare time... Jeesh!

Too bad the company didn't fly Ferda directly into Detroit -- it probably would have cost the same and saved on a lot of time!

Oh well, save travels Ferda and say hi to my family!

Kevin said...

I haven't "forgotten" per say. I think it just was a lot smoother when I was around!

And no, it doesn't look like I'll be coming back anytime soon. My company is extending my contract (part time) until December. I'll probably try and get back into HBH in January, but we'll see.

James said...

Jeff - For the record: my masturbation schedule didn't change. I followed Palmer's advice and kept my idle hands busy with a video game. As I told Artoo, I picked up a copy of StarFox Command for the DS. Great game, lots of replay value.

Kev - I hope that you are planning on taking courses in the Fall still...

Kevin said...

Oh yeah, of course I'm taking classes in the fall still! I'll just be pretty busy with this job, class, reffing, and the new TA position I just picked up!

And James, for the last time... no one wants to read about you masturbating a fox. Whether or not it happens in space, it's just not a pretty thing to think about.

Ferda said...

uhhh... EW!

mr_jeff said...

james, that bit on palmer's advice and your idle hands... beautiful code! one i'm quite fond of is the star wars analogy, depicting quality time with one han solo

James said...

HA!