Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labour Weekend Review

Friday: After work, we headed home. Ferda dropped me off at home and she continued on to the grocery store to pick up some supplies for the long weekend. While I waited for her to return, I cleaned up the house for our guest that was set to arrive the next morning. That night we watched the movie Akeelah and the Bee. Very good movie, I recommend it greatly.

Saturday: Jordan arrived at 8am after taking the milk-run flight from Vancouver the night before. When we returned home, Jordan napped while Ferda and I just hung out. Around noon, Ferda had to go downtown to write another test for a job interview process. I expect the government will let us know her results around, oh, say the year 2008. While she was away, Jordan and I went for a bike ride and I showed him our neighbourhood and a few neat bike trails that we've discovered in the woods. We arrived back home about the same time that Ferda did. It was getting close to supper time, so we prepared what was left to prepare for dinner, invited Co-Bro over last minute, and enjoyed our dinner of chicken, gravy, stuffing, potatoes, and salad. MMMmmm, what a dinner that was. For evening entertainment we drove out to Orleans with Co-Bro and Dave and played some poker at Diane's house. It was fun! Called it a night around 1am.

Sunday: ROAD TRIP! Were woken by a phone call from my father at 7:45, far too early. Ferda and I wanted to kill him. We arranged the plans for that day which consisted of going to Montreal to visit my grandparents. We got up there a little before noon, had lunch with my family: cousins Kristen and David and my aunt and uncle from New Brunswick were there also. After a visit for a few hours, the 3 of us drove to downtown Montreal and walked around Ste. Catherine's area for a few hours. Showed Jordan what we could think of. Unfortunately, neither Ferda nor I know Montreal that well. On the return trip to Ottawa we stopped in Hawkesbury and visited my dad. The four of us grabbed a bite for dinner at Stephanie's, a decent restaurant in Hawkesbury on McGill Street. Can't remember what we did after we arrived back in Ottawa that night.

Monday: Woke around 9 and then I made breakfast for everyone. The usual of eggs, sausage, toast, potato patties, and some tea. After eating, we played a game of Scrabble where Ferda kicked our asses. It's funny, even though English is my first language and it's Ferda's second, she ALWAYS kicks my ass in Scrabble. We also started a game of MarioParty, but haven't got to finish it yet. So we got dressed, and got in the car and headed downtown to the market. Walked around, bought some veggies, toured around Parliament, ducked into the Blue Cactus to avoid some rain and have some beer and nachos. After a few hours our legs got tired and we went back to the car. On the way home we stopped by my office to use the computer. Once home, I napped on the couch while Ferda and Jordan watched a movie. Then we prepared dinner, steaks, grilled veggies, fries, and a healthy salad. After dinner, we drove over to the Blockbuster and picked out Running Scared. Pretty good movie, we all liked it. However, it was also pretty vulgar. Not good to watch if you're in the company of children. After the movie was done, Jordan and I watched Prison Break. I had never watched an episode before, and he tried to fill me in by explaining what was going on.

No comments: