Friday, September 22, 2006

My New Time Waster

So last night on the way home from work, we stopped by Wal-Mart and I bought the Lego: StarWars II game for gamecube. Only got to play for a couple hours last night, as we had an ultimate game at 8:30 - 10:30.

Only really got to see a bit of it, like a few storys into Episode IV: I think currently I'm playing as Han, Luke and Chewie and they're on the Original DeathStar running around disguised as stormtroopers.

It's a WICKED game so far. Earlier Ferda and I were playing together on Tatooine: she was Obi-Wan and I was Luke. She would use the force to move lego blocks around and I would blast up those little pesky droid stealing animals, what are they called?? Jawas?? The multiplayer is great: you can be playing on your own, then say a friend pops by, they can jump in right there, play along side you, then if one gets bored, you can just have one person drop out like that. No quitting or losing progress. Very neat feature IMO.

Another feature that I didn't try out yet is the build your own character station. You can take any part of your playable character and build a completely new character with those mis-matched pieces. For example, you could have the Princess Leia slave outfit for the legs and chest, give her hairy wookie arms, and then top it off with Vader's helmet!

I also really like the cut-scenes they made to progress through the story. Obviously, it's very true to the original, but they've thrown in some hilarious extras that you have just got to see.

That's really all I've got to say right now, perhaps I'll write some more later once I progress further.

2 comments:

Artoo said...

An aswome game... I'm playing the Xbox version and so far it's better than the fist one.

I just got in the Falcon on the way to the Death Star myself... Fun fun!

Anonymous said...

Makes backgammon seem very blah Jack