Monday, September 11, 2006

Weekly Weekend Review, 365 Days of Worthless Words, Thoughts

Wow, another weekend is done, summer is definitely drifting away while winter is getting closer. It was pretty chilly this morning when we woke up, and I was very close to flipping on the furnace for a bit to warm the house.

Had a great weekend. Busy as usual. But that's good. I would rather be busy than not. Friday night made a quick visit to Ikea to look at a few items, didn't purchase them at that point. Then stopped by Mike and Mel's for a movie night. The boys watched Nacho Libre and then F&F: Tokyo Drift while the girls watched Devil Wears Prada followed by Derailed. It was a great time, thanks guys! I believe there were a few Hollyisms that came out that night, but sadly, I can't remember (damn you alcohol...). Can anyone remember?

Saturday night we were out with our Hore's ultimate team for a year end party. Great time. Tasty bbq food, beers, and MANY laughs. Played an interesting game called crokinole(?) I believe. Would be worthwhile to pick up if not too expensive. It was nice to get to know our teammates off the field. Also Ferda picked up a new nickname. She had insisted that we call her the 'Killer'. However, little did she know that one cannot choose their own nickname, that's it's chosen for them. I would LOVE to share this nickname with you all, since it's HILARIOUS, but alas, she would KILL me.

Sunday went for a greasy breakfast at Broadway's - ohh yeah. Then after deciding what we wanted, we went back to Ikea to pick up our new items. We got a HUGE, and I mean HUGE, mirror for the dining room. Took me a while to get this anchored into the wall safely since it weighs like 50 pounds. For dinner that night, we made some kick-ass quesadillas on the bbq. First I grilled some chicken breasts, then we sliced 'em up and placed them in tortillas with green peppers and tomatoes and lots of grated cheese, then folded them up and placed them back on the 'que so they toasted up and the cheese got all melty. FANTASTIC. It took a while before we had the finished product, but man, was it ever worth it. After dinner, it was tv time with premieres of the Simpsons, American Dad, and Family Guy. All very funny. Glad to have some of our favourite tv shows back. Looking forward to the Office, Lost, and maybe Survivor, we'll see about that one.

Interestingly enough that today marks the 1 year anniversary of super_ap. Thanks to you, my readers, for making me continue to write large amounts of - ugh... stuff - here. [Stuff - don't really know what else to call this collection right now... I suppose I'll have to think about that. Perhaps over the next year to come]

As well, today marks the 5th anniversary of 9/11. Now, first of all, I'm sure there's thousands of other blogs/editorials out there with more poetic and thoughtful words to remember this sad occasion. So therefore, I won't say anything really. Instead I'll ask that you simply stop and think on what happened five years ago.

2 comments:

skeeter said...

Hollyism:
I believe there was one that went something like "Who do you think I am? Somebody else?"
However, this may be paraphrased....

Jen said...

I am also looking forward to the Office. I've been sad these past few weeks that it hasn't been on. Who needs to see 4 epidsodes of My Name is Earl in one night anyway?

I can't wait to find out what happens with Jim and Pam.