Saturday, October 14, 2006

OK Computer: Part Deux

So as you all now know, the Pimpson's have their new pc at home. And still pretty happy with it. And as of today, we have internet at home! Good times indeed.

I hooked up the old wireless router that Ferda and her sister used to share, and got online with the DS. To be honest, I haven't used that for a while. But now that I can access the Nintendo WFC, I think I'll be going on a lot more. Perhaps Jmo and I (and perhaps Artoo?) will have to have a MarioKart competition of some kind. Or StarFox Command, I'm easy as to which game. However, I bet I'll get my butt handed to me in StarFox. Whichever, let me know when you are game. And that goes for anyone else out there who would like to challenge me (or Jmo or Artoo) on some DS games. Post your friend codes in the comments.

So back to the computer - finally got the correct cable to connect the tv with the video card of the pc. The original s-video cable I got didn't work - it was stupid really, the plug at the end was too large and it wouldn't connect to the video card completely, it was like you couldn't push it all the way in. I took it back to walmart and got my $$ back and got a different one from radio shack/source by circuit city. Works perfect! Now the media center plays directly to the tv, like I said before, all media goodies like tv, dvds, movies, mp3, photos, etc.

Plans for the rest of the weekend include dinner with Alex and Holly tonight, (I have my fingers crossed for some more holly-isms). Tomorrow, trip to costco, and some quality maxin' and relaxin'.

13 comments:

warrenyeung said...

my code: 9654123654897531564-A

James said...

uhhh it's supposed to be 12 digits and no letters. Nice try jackass

Matt said...

Did you secure that wireless router?

Ferda said...

ya we did

Matt said...

good stuff

Anonymous said...

You don't want to share your wireless connection with random neighbours? I guess what comes around, doesn't really go around after all. :P Kidding!

I, for one, am so jealous of the Pimpsons for being able to do weekend MSNing from their entertainment centre remote. Kick ass!

James said...

LOL. Ya, def doesn't go around.

Matt - it's 64 bit encryption. Is that ok?

Matt said...

it's all easily crackable, but still good.

It's equivalent to locking your door, it will keep all the honest people out.

James said...

well, luckily the signal doesn't travel very far.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, it's not the honest people you want to keep out. Word.

Artoo said...

I think Cinthia has the Mario Kart cart (heheheh..) with her in Edmonton. I'll post my codes later this week.. would be sweet to add some friend codes into Tetris, MarioKart and Starfox... We're thinking of getting clubhouse games too... looks cool.

BTW I got a Wii on preorder from EB games as of this morning. Nov 19th should be sweet if they don't screw the orders up.

James said...

YAY! Wii on pre-order. Nice work.

Clubhouse games? Never heard of it, I'll have to google it.

Matt said...

wii preorder time... hmmm hope they still have some left