Monday, October 02, 2006

Question of the day

Here's a simple one, yet still quite confusing.

Why does Tide make so many different kinds of laundry detergent?

We were at Wal-Mart yesterday to pick up a jug of the stuff cuz we were out of it or something, and they had like 14 different kinds: one with snuggle mixed in, one with the freshness of febreeze in it, another that was 'canadas favourite', and still others with mountain fresh scent and wild rain or whatever. Is this really necessary?

5 comments:

Palmer said...

I would think...not so much.

It's interesting to think that there are so many different variations of a theme from the same company. It would be interesting to see if there really IS a difference between the cheapest kind and the more expensive kind.

Ferda said...

I think they were all the same price

Anonymous said...

I bet there isn't much different between them. I was told by a little birdie that all the Dove shampoos (e.g. moisturizing, for fine hair, extra body, etc.) are all the same forumula.

Ferda said...

I picked up 2 of the ones with Downy. I hope that there is Downy in them so I don't have to go buy fabric softener. Also they all smell different.

Anonymous said...

I think of the Tide with Downy as the 2-in-1 shampoo of the laundry detergent world. You get your cleaning and conditioning all in one bottle.

Another way to think of it is, you're getting half the amt of detergent and half the amt of softener in one bottle! Eeek!