Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Saturday Review; aka: the Butt Kicker

[first things first: I am not bragging here, just sharing. Ok, maybe slightly bragging...]

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Ferda and I were forced to be in two different places at the same time. This is more difficult that one would originally think since we only own one car. And due to my strong belief that public transportation is for losers, I was required to take my bike to my ultimate game Saturday afternoon.

Ferda had left early in the morning for an all-day-long commitment, and I wasn't expecting her back til later that afternoon. My game was a HBH at 3pm. So I got on my bike and pedalled my brains out. It took about 45-50 minutes each way, and this morning I used Google Earth's measure feature to determine that it's 13.7 kms each way.

Now, this is a fact that I'm quite proud of really, but I don't own any 'biking' clothes; like no tight bike shorts or whatever. So I didn't really know what to wear, but I wanted to dress warm since it was frickin cold out there. So I ended up wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt. What I didn't realize until I got out there was that it was very windy. And my baggy sweat pants and shirt acted like a giant sail making it three times as hard as normal to get anywhere.

Anyway, when I finally made it to HBH, I played the full game, no subs, and kicked some serious ass. Our team came out with a huge win - it was very nice. Then I jumped back on the bike and headed home.

So after biking more than 27 kms and running for an hour straight in the middle of it all, I was quite dead for the rest of Saturday and Sunday. In fact, my legs are still hurting quite a bit today. So to close, I am naming that work-out routine: the Butt Kicker.

[And Alex, don't you dare say 'I told you the one-car-thing wouldn't work out'.]

10 comments:

Palmer said...

WTF? Public transportation is for losers? You're going down Simpson.

James said...

lol

Matt said...

get a moped ;)

Palmer said...

When you wrote moped, I read it as a verb as in 'to mope around' so it sounded like mohped. I had a good laugh.

Matt said...

lol

mo-ped

James said...

:-)

Moped would work well for the summer months I guess.

But it does kinda go contrary to our 'one vehicle policy'

Pollcrazy said...

Get a motorcycle!

Ferda said...

NO MOTORCYCLE!!!!!!!!!

James said...

YES Motorcycle!

Holly said...

I can so hear Alex saying "one car doesn't work" so well! Haha!