Thursday, December 07, 2006

Addiction

Ferda still loves to play Mario Bros on the DS - even though she has beaten the final Bowser. She plays throughout the house: in bed, the bathroom, I even walked by the bathroom last night and caught her playing while she was using mouthwash! I guess those thirty seconds while she rinses with listerine are valuable gaming time.

It's really not a concern to me, except for when I am trying to sleep. For example, this is what happened last night:

She poked me awake and said: "Hey - watch this!"

I rolled over to watch her play, but just as my eyes started to focus on the screen, she ran straight into a little hole and died.

10 comments:

Kevin said...

But I'm sure it was a very impressive death!!!

Matt said...

Ferda, have you gotten all the big coins yet?

Ferda said...

no not all James has though. Also I haven't unlocked levels 4 & 7 so I play those on James' save.

Anonymous said...

Remember that Friends episode where Chandler played so much Ms Pac-man that he developed "the claw"?

Watch out Ferda... I wouldn't want you to develop "the thumb" or anything!

Matt said...

How do you save, I ran out of places to open up.

James said...

you save when you beat a castle or tower. also, you save when you open new paths that are purchased using 5 of the big star coins.

Also, when you beat the final bowser, you can save anywhere using the start-menu.

Matt said...

ah, ok, never tried using the start menu after beating bowser.
Thanks

Ferda said...

actually Jen I think my thumb is getting more used to gaming and my nintenditis is now less pronounced :)

Anonymous said...

PS. I can't make it a full minute with Listerine either (I think that's what they suggest on the bottle). That stuff burns! Sometimes, I cut it with half water though I bet it's not doing me any good that way. :(

Ferda said...

I'm with you on that sista that stuff can sting big-time!