Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday No Time Waster

At the grocery store last night, we overheard some random guy asking a question to one of the store's employees who on was out on the floor:

Random Guy: Excuse me - but where would I find the mango chutney?

Store Employee: Ugh, I don't even know what that is.


I suppose his wife probably sent him to the store with a list of specific items. It was pretty damn funny when it happened. But perhaps that was because we're so tired - it's been a long week. Especially for Ferda, seeing as it was her first week on the new job.

Enjoy your weekend! Seacrest out.

11 comments:

Palmer said...

What? New job? so out of it, I am.

Speaking about grocery shopping, I feel for the both of them. I once had to go to the grocery store for Carrie and for the life of me, could not find 'green' onions. Granted, I was looking for a regular onion, but a green one.

Ferda said...

also it was adorable how he was pronouncing it chootney...

I don't know if you can buy chutney at the store. Isn't it something you make?

palmer: so what happened did you end up finding it? did you have to ask someone? hehee

Anonymous said...

PC just started selling mango chutney. The guy's wife probably saw it in the latest issue of the Insider's Report.

How I remember this useless information baffles even me.

James said...

haha

Palmer said...

Uh no, I went home empty handed to carrie. She thought it was strange that I couldn't find it but it wasn't until weeks later in the grocery store with her that she picked some up and I said "THAT'S what a green onion looks like?!"

Anonymous said...

Well then it's a good thing she didn't ask you to pick up scallions... otherwise you might not have even been in the onion aisle at all!

:)

James said...

If I was looking for scalliions, I would start off in the 'pirate supplies' aisle.

James said...

YARRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I need to shop at your grocery store! Sounds like hella fun.

Walk the plank ye vermin!

Anonymous said...

Doh. My appologies... it's not mango chutney that PC makes, it's Peach.

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/FoodAndRecipes/GreatFood/ProductDetails.aspx/id/11159/name/PCPeachChutneyRelish/catid/11159/type/2

Gosh... I hope you all didn't run out and try to buy this fictional PC mango chutney. My Bad.

James said...

LOL