Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The H is O (in the kitchen!)

Last night Ferda made a great dinner called Worth Every Penne - it's from her favourite cookbook (I think it's her fav, at least) called Eat, Shrink & Be Merry. Ferda and Jen are always trying new recipes from it and sharing the results.

Let me tell ya - so tasty. Lately she's been making some really great meals: from tex-mex lasagna, to butternut squash soup, pad thai, and many others; her recipe repertoire is expanding exponentially. And I'm reaping all the benefits!

Only downside with last night's meal was that we were sadly out of penne, so it was actually Worth Every Rotini!

11 comments:

ferdao said...

awww I'm so glad you enjoy my cooking. I don't think that I'm that good but I have a very patient and appreciative husband so I want to get better and better.

James said...

"...I have a very patient and appreciative husband..."


TRUE meaning: I have a husband who cleans up the giant messes I leave in the kitchen after I'm done.


;-)

ferdao said...

ya pretty much :)

skeeter said...

and what's wrong with that James? That's what you guys are for isn't it?

Of course, if you make the giant mess in the kitchen we still expect you to clean it up ;-)

skeeter said...

oh, and my mom has the looneyspoons cookbook, it's great too!

ferdao said...

Yay finally someone who posts on here who is actually on my side!!!

AquariusDragon said...

Ferda, you're an awesome cook! I'm always impressed with your dinners!

AquariusDragon said...

And James, I'm always impressed with your initiative to clean up the kitchen after Ferda slaves over the hot stove to satiate your appetite. I'm with Skeeter, that's the way it should be!

Jen(nnn) said...

Mmmm... that's a good one! We have had it a couple of times. Penne... rotini... it's all the same in your tummy.

James, you're just lucky I don't live in O-town. I think Ferda and I would be MUCH worse influences on each other that way. ;) And I'm not talking about the recipe thing either, because there's our weakness for shoes as well.

James said...

You say weakness...


I say obsessive compulsive disorder.

Jen(nnn) said...

Haha! Touché!