Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Movie Reviews: Mid Feb

We've watched a few movies over the past week. Most have been on the media center, with the exception of one when we went to the theatre.

W. - This movie really surprised me. I am not usually one to be interested in politics, let alone the biography of an american politician. However, there is really something to be said about Geroge W. Bush. He's quite the individual - and this movie sheds some more light into his character and his traits. It's hard to tell how much of this movie is actually true to reality, knowing Hollywood, but it's still worth a watch.

Swing Vote - I wasn't expecting much from this movie. The plot was rather obvious from the commercials and trailers. But it really took me by surprise. The cast was very big and the acting was great. Interesting combo I suppose with W. - since they both followed the american political format very closely.

Push - Saw this one in the theatre with Alex and Holly on Monday night. Interesting concepts, followed the Hero's tv show format, mixed with a little Matrix and perhaps some of Wanted. I think more however could have been done with this movie. The end left you wanting more. Perhaps they did this on purpose to leave it open for a sequel, but I really think everything could have / should have been wrapped up in one movie. I did like it, but I'm glad we had free movie passes (gift certificates FTW!).

Blindness - Do not watch. I did not like this movie. Some people might. But for me, it left a really bad taste in my mouth (or my eyes???). Sure, I like the zombie-infection-apocalypse-type movie just as much as the next guy, but this one creeped me out a little too much.

No comments: